Thursday, January 3, 2013

The 2013 season is upon us!


Well, then!  The leagues have rolled off the rust, done the workouts and made themselves ready to do battle for the prize in 2013!

As you can see in the rankings widget to the right, the Port Scandalous Roller Punks have added themselves to the A team rankings for 2013 and will fight it out through the first 6 months of the year for the seeding in Championship tourney in July in Seattle (hosted by the Seattle Derby Brats this year).

This year, I actually have some more B team articles planned, including my own SJRD, SDB Div I and Div II, I5 B team, Spoakne's Cherry Bomb Brawlers and the as yet unveiled West Sound Roller Girls, and even a bout of the I5 Rollergirls vs an adult team, JBLM!  It should be a lot of awesome fun!

NW Junior Roller Derby Blog attendance/Writing schedule for the 2013 season

January 12th - I5 Rollergirls v JBLM (A vs Adult, B vs Bettie Bratz) - NSOing, so it will be a summary article
January 19th - West Sound Rollergirls and SJRD B&W bout

Januahry 20th Kitsap Derby Brats v Port Scandalous
January 26th SDB Galaxy Girls v Rosebuds
Feb 16th - SJRD v Cherry Bomb Brawlers (in Spokane)
March 2-3 - Wild West Showdown (Kitsap v Rosebuds, I5 v Galaxy, Reservoir Dolls v Port Scandalous) as well as a tournament involving teams from across the country and Canada!
March 23rd SJRD v SDB Div I
March 24th I5RG v Rosebuds (in Portland)

April 20th SJRD v Toxic 253
May 4th SDB Mighty Roller v I5 B, SDB Galaxy Girls v Port Scandalous 
May 11th SJRD v JBLM Bettie Bratz
May 17-18 Big O (Rosebuds, Reservoir Dolls, Lava City, Kitsap)
June 1 I5B v SJRD

June 23 KDB v Eugene Reservoir Dolls
July 6-7 NW Junior Derby Championships

Looking for one more game in June, hopefully. I know it's kind of Seattle-centric this season, but gas is expensive!

Edit - Have to change my June 1 plans.  SJRD and I5 on June 1 (can't miss my own girl playing, can I?) and adding in KDB v Reservoir Dolls on June 23 for my trip south.

No comments:

Post a Comment