Thursday, March 22, 2012

Bout Preview 3/25: I5 Rollergirls v Kitsap Derby Brats

After having finally recovered from the awesomeness that was the Wild West Showdown, two A teams will kick things off here at the end of March.  March 25th will find the I5 Rollergirls motoring over to Sk8 Town in Port Orchard at 4:30pm to take on the Kitsap Derby Brats.

I5 was handed a narrow defeat at the hands of the Portland Rosebuds, and I know that Kitsap was there watching and dissecting what was working to contain the crippling speed and grace of the I-5 jamming juggernauts: Dee Stroir and Lex Celerator.  The Brats also had a much needed win over Santa Cruz that day and are pumped up and ready to take on I5.

For their part, I5 is looking to put another one in the win column and continue their quest for a top seed in July.  They are busy doing what they do best, working hard on derby fundamentals and teamwork.  The walls that were rock hard against the Galaxy Girls were rocked hard in their loss at Wild West. I'll be very surprised if they haven't been working  to see those solidify.

Ones to watch
Kitsap's Red Rager returns to the track after being sidelined by an injury for Wild West.  She spent a lot of time watching both her team during their bout and watching the I5 bout.  Given her experience in the junior corps, she's bound to put all of that to god use.

For I5?  Watch out for The Archer.  A speed skater fairly new to the derby scene, she's got a bit more size than the other I5 jammers.  She's already getting respect from the other teams for her work in the pack, though she hasn't really broken out on the jamming scene as yet.  I expect she is going to be a solid triple threat pretty quickly!

Kitsap Roster:
AliSin WonderSlam #106, Aqua Knock U Out #33, Battle Kat #1864, Bekah Body Chekah #807, Chewbeca #52, Cookie Dozer #00, Gaines Slayer #888, HanaBULL the Cannibal #9000, Kae-Oss #84, Little Mean Sunshine #5, Mad Medic #911, Punches N Cream #TK0, Quarter Pound'Her #25, Red Rager #17, Stabby Gabby #71, Whamsday Addams #1313
Alts
HanaBULL the Cannibal #9000
Karnage #626





I-5 Roster
8 Miss B Haver, 9     Audrey Headburn, 12   Lip Smack-Her, 14  Short Fuse, 15  Pit Bully, 18  Lex Celerator, 21  FeeBeeSting, 24  Smash Ketchum, 25  Sierrated Blade, 27  The Archer, 35  Hunt-Her Down, 52  Death by Beth, 55  Karmic Death, 91  Dee Stroir
Alts 5 Gory Locks, 22 Jess Trippin

No comments:

Post a Comment