Friday, June 8, 2012

It's almost July! SO MUCH DERBY!

Last weekend, there was an awesome bout between the Portland Rosebuds and the Reservoir Dolls. While I was not there, someone else was and wrote an awesome article about it.

That bout set up this weekend's A team bouts so very nicely!  With three teams (I5, SDB and the Rosebuds) completing their divisional play schedules this weekend, the picture in July is beginning to take shape!  remember that the tournament in July is seeded based on the rankings in the regular season with the first place team getting a bye in the first round.

First up is the Rose City Rosebuds v SDB Galaxy Girls.  The Buds are going into this weekend 3-0 in A team play (and undefeated in all play this season... 5-0?).  Galaxy has lost one game, against I-5, right at the beginning of their season putting them at 2-1.  Should they win against Rose City, both teams will be at 3-1.  But that's not all!

I-5 is travelling down to Eugene this weekend to play against the Reservoir Dolls themselves.  Also at 2-1, an I-5 win there along with an SDB win would give us a three way tie for first, meaning the tie-breakers agreed on at the beginning of the season would take effect.

But what if I5 and SDB lose?  Then we have a two way tie for second (with both teams at 2-2), with a potential three way tie when the Dolls finish off their season at the end of June against Kitsap.

So, in short, there are a lot of fun scenarios heading into July.  This weekend is going to be one to watch!  I will be at the SDB v Rose City game, through I wish I could clone myself and be in both places this weekend.  It's going to be exciting!

As if that weren't enough Junior derby for the weekend, Port Scandalous Roller Punks are taking on the Cherry Bomb Brawlers from Spokane in Port Orchard this weekend.  Right, I need 3 of me?  No, 4.  My own SJRD girls are participating in a 15 minute positional expo at the OWRD bout on Sunday.

Oh, and just because, here's an awesome video Jesus Feist made.


No comments:

Post a Comment